Do you feel like you can’t seem to get rid of abdominal fat and it’s already frustrating you? You have tried everything – from diet fads to crazy, strenuous workout regime yet nothing seems to help you banish your belly fat for good. In this post, we will give you reasons why you can’t just say goodbye to your muffin top that easy.
Why Can’t You Get Rid of Abdominal Fat?
No matter how hard you try, your stubborn fat in your midsection just won’t go away. Why is that? Find out the reasons below:
1. You are not as young as you think. We hate to be insensitive and blunt but this is one of the most common reasons why people can’t just shake off their abdominal fat.
When you are older, your metabolism slows down. There’s menopause for the ladies as well wherein the hormones in the body are changing therefore causing weight gain in the midsection.
2. You are sick. PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), diabetes, sleep apnea, and/or other underlying medical conditions may hinder your weight loss. We suggest that you see your physician and have yourself checked if you already did everything you can and you still can’t get rid of abdominal fat.
3. You are overly stressed. In this site, we have mentioned time and time again about the stress hormone called cortisol that forces your body to accumulate fat when you are stressed out.
In addition to that, people who are stressed tend to overeat to compensate for their feelings of frustration, pent up anger, and more. So whatever it is that is causing you stress, be it your husband, work, kids, or bills, please learn to let it go for your sake.
4. You are not doing the correct exercises. Cardio workout alone is good but this doesn’t help you lose belly fat. You need to pair this up with weights training. If you can’t go to the gym to use the needed equipment, you can try doing planks at home as this targets not only your abs but also your arms, legs, and glutes.
In addition to that, you might want to up your gym game. Opt for high-intensity exercises as this will help you lose weight faster.
5. You eat unhealthy food. Avoid sugars as this causes inflammation in the body. Say no to saturated fats as well. Instead, go for fruits and vegetables. They keep belly fat away plus they are rich in antioxidants.
6. You don’t get enough sleep. In a study involving 70,000 women, it was found that those who slept for less than 5 hours per night were more prone to gain 30 pounds or more. If you want to lose weight, catch up on your sleep.
7. You are apple-shaped.How do you know if you are apple-shaped? When your fat accumulates on your abdomen instead of on your thighs and hips, that’s when you know. This is genetics and there is no going around this.
Can’t get rid of abdominal fat? Maybe the reasons mentioned in our list here is keeping you from shedding that belly fat. Do you have more to add to this list? Just let us know.